Corn prices on stock market

Corn prices on stock market

Author: taesrom Date of post: 25.05.2017

The annual maize output is around million tonnes. The main producer is the USA, which produces around 41 per cent of this. Maize was first cultivated several thousand years ago and there are now more than cultivated species. Over time several main species have emerged, however, which differ mainly in the properties of the maize kernels.

Flint maize has a hard kernel with a round shape. This species was discovered by Columbus in Central America and was also widespread in the Caribbean at this time. From there, the flint maize found its way to Europe, Asia and Africa.

Another maize species besides flint maize is dent maize, which is characterised by a soft, floury endosperm between the hard, horny outsides of the grain.

This maize species, as well as hybrid varieties produced from flint maize and dent maize, play the most important role in the economy today. Popcorn is a variant of flint maize.

Popcorn was cultivated by the American Indians, making it one of the oldest cultivated maize varieties. Today maize is also cultivated and optimised using genetic engineering. Genetically modified maize varieties can be found mainly in the USA, Argentina and Canada. Around 70 per cent of maize cultivated in Germany is used in animal feed. The remaining 30 per cent is processed further in the food industry to create various products.

The most well-known and most important are grain maize, where the maize kernels are separated from the maize cob preserves , corn starch cornflour , glucose syrup, maize germ oil, cornflakes, popcorn, polenta, puffed maize snacks and maize paper including cigarette paper. Only a very small proportion of the maize output is traded on the international markets, since the largest proportion of the maize produced is consumed directly in the country of origin.

Maize is exported primarily to Latin America and Africa. The Middle East and Asia are also important importers of maize.

corn prices on stock market

In Asia the primary importers are Japan, South Korea and Taiwan. Markets Stocks Indices Commodities Currencies Mutual Funds ETFs Bonds News. News Commodities Live Gold Oil Copper. Intraday 1w 3M 1y 3y 5y Max. Chart Options Mountain-Chart Line-Chart. Corn Latest Price Trade Time.

Corn in USD - Historical Prices. Maize is a very robust plant which can be cultivated all over the world. In many countries maize is a basic foodstuff, whereas in North America and Europe the grain is fed mainly to animals.

In these countries maize only enters the diet of humans through meat consumption. CO2 European Emission Allowances 4.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Disclaimer Commerce Policy Made in NYC Stock quotes by finanzen.

Cash Prices - Markets Data Center -

UK DE AUS ID IN MY SG PL SE. BRIEF-GE signs agreements with Kazakhstan Railways, Eni SpA GE, ENI. UPDATE 1-Oil firms could waste trillions if climate targets reached -report XOM, RDSA, FP. Shares in the owner of Costa Coffee are surging after a strong set of results. Oil firms could waste trillions if climate targets reached-report XOM, RDSA, FP.

Gulf Coast braces for Tropical Storm Cindy RDSA, APC, XOM. UPDATE 4-Oil traders brace for storm expected to hit U. Gulf Coast this week XOM, RDSA. US STOCKS-Wall St falls as oil tumbles, tech rebound peters out CVX, XOM, AAPL, MSFT, LEN, DHI, PHM, CMG. US STOCKS-Wall St falls as oil prices tumble to seven-month lows CVX, XOM, LEN, DHI, PHM, CMG. Exxon, BP support Republican elders' climate proposal XOM, RDSA, FP, GM, JNJ, PEP, BP.

Oil hits 7-month lows.

Stock Market Data - Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P - CNNMoney

Snam in exclusive talks to buy LNG terminal stake from Edison -sources SRG, EDF, XOM. US STOCKS-Wall St lower as fall in oil prices weigh CVX, XOM, LEN, CMG, PRXL. US STOCKS-Wall St set to open flat as fall in oil prices weigh CVX, XOM, LEN, CMG, PRXL. Here's a super-quick guide to what traders are talking about right now DJIA, SPX. The Russian ruble is tumbling as oil falls to its lowest level since November. CO2 European Emission Allowances.

Rating 4,1 stars - 652 reviews
inserted by FC2 system